Customize Your Experience at Tech
Whether you came to Georgia Tech with a detailed plan on what programs of study you would pursue or not, Exploratory Advising is an opportunity to refine your plans and to have a conversation about all the available pathways.
We offer both in-person and virtual Exploratory Advising appointments; you can indicate your preference when scheduling your appointment on AdvisorLink.
Exploratory Advising Drop-Ins
Join us for in-person drop-ins or virtual drop-ins on Microsoft Teams!
Welcome to Exploratory Advising Drop-Ins! Drop-Ins are every Thursday: In-Person 9:00am-10:30am, Virtually 2:00pm-4:00pm
To make the most of your virtual drop-in, follow these steps on Microsoft Teams:
- You will first notice a “General” page. We are using this page as our sign-in sheet. Please only post one time per visit.
- You will be able to post a question or what you're interested in for advising. For example, if I'm here for a change of major process, then you will post “Change of Major Process.”
- An advisor will send you an individual chat when you are next in line and ask if you’d like to type a chat back and forth or do a video call.
- If, for any reason, you need to leave before being helped, please reply to your own chat with “I will come back later.”
- If you do not respond to the individual chat in 3 minutes, the advisor will need to move on to the next student, and you will have to put yourself back into the advising queue with a new chat.